Selling your assisted living facility is a major decision and a challenging process.
This introductory course provides a guide to help you move ahead more confidently when you’re ready to sell or when you’re ready to prepare for a sale in the future.
- Deciding to sell your assisted living facility. How do you know when it’s time to sell? We’ll walk you through some of the most common signs that it’s time.
- Preparing to sell. Once you’ve decided to sell, there are many steps you should take to make your sale go as smoothly and profitably as possible.
- Marketing a confidential sale. Selling an assisted living facility isn’t easy when you don’t want anyone to know it’s for sale. We will explain ways to attract buyers without attracting the wrong attention.
- Negotiating a sale. While every sale is different, most follow a similar framework. We will share a list of things you’ll want to negotiate into and out of your sale and help you know what buyers are looking for, too.
- Closing the sale. We will walk through a checklist to help you be prepared for closing. We’ll cover handing off the operations to the new owner so that you can exit knowing your residents and staff will be fine after you leave.